Breast Center & Navigator Program
CHRISTUS Schumpert Breast Center makes the mammography experience faster and more personal.
- Newly refurbished Breast Center designed by and for women
- Lunchtime and after-hours appointments available
- A 25-year breast cancer survivor to serve as your Nurse-Navigator, supporting you through the entire experience. She will explain any problems and hold your hand throughout the process, especially in the event abnormal results are received.
For more information, or to set up an appointment, please call (318) 681-4100.
A monthly Breast Cancer Support Group is offered every fourth Thursday evening to women and their families who have experienced breast cancer.
Learn More about our Breast Center
The Nurse Navigator:
- Connects patients with available community resources, services and support
- Guides patients and their families through the complexities of the health care system
- Helps patients understand their treatment options
- Assists in setting up appointments
- Identifies financial assistance that matches health care needs
- Provides patient education
- Provides referral for nutritional information
- Assists with transportation needs
- Can be a liaison between physician and patient
- Provides patients with compassionate, ongoing support from diagnosis through treatment
The Breast Center's Nurse Navigator Program is offered at no charge to CHRISTUS patients and their families.